Tuesday, January 17, 2012

sorbet cojones

My daughters love Island Way Sorbets.These tropical fruit sorbets come in their own fruit casing. So the lemon sorbet comes in a half lemon, coconut in a small coconut shell, pineapple in a tiny pineapple half. But you know what a killjoy I can be so I get distracted by why the lemons are so big and if there are implications of cutting the coconut and pineapple so young.Then my mind wanders to how much is wasted at the processing facility and I think about the plantations where these items are grown and harvested. Anyway, to be clear there is nothing at all environmentally friendly about this product. It’s ridiculously unfriendly. Each item is individually packaged,12 little plastic spoony things are included and it’s shipped from South Africa. SOUTH AFRICA people. So when I saw this in the upper left hand corner of the box I laughed out loud and took a picture.

Ah, the wonders of greenwashing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I've moved!  Please visit me at   https://www.marysilwance.com /